Facts & figures
1 GENERAL INFORMATION
1.1 AddressSeehotel Hermitage
Tel. + 41 (41)375 81 81
Fax +41 (41)375 81 82
1.2 Legal formJoint-stock company
Chairwoman of the Board of Directors: Barbara Kopp Döös
1.3 Business managementThomas P. Egli, Hotelier SHV/VDH/EHL since 1990
1.4 BuiltOctober 1990
1.5 ExtendedJuly 1999/April 2007
1.6 LocationLucerne city limit (4 km from Lucerne railway station)
Only hotel in the city of Lucerne with direct lake access
Quiet location in a superior residential district
1.7 Category4-star superior business and vacation hotel in accordance with the hotelleriesuisse classification
1.8 Mission“The lakeside hotel with the added extra”
1.9 Quality certificationISO 9001:2008
2 HOTEL INFRASTRUCTURE
2.1 Rooms1 suite, 20 Premium double rooms, 18 Deluxe double rooms, 30 Superior double rooms - all facing the lake, with views of the city and the mountains, and offering superlative comfort.
- Two restaurants: “Hermitage” (seats 80 people) and “Baccara” (seats 50) serve fresh, seasonal cuisine and lake fish specialities. Open daily.
- Lakeside terraces (to seat 180) offer the same meals as the restaurants from March to October.
- “Seegarten” BBQ restaurant in the hotel’s lakeside park. Open every evening, June - August.
2.3 Lobby Bar, lounge, bar terracePopular bar for apéritifs and after-dinner drinks, with spectacular sunsets.
2.4 Banquets & celebrations
- “Etoiles” (120 people) and “Mercure” (60 people) reception rooms with superb panoramic views of the lake and city. They can also be interconnected to accommodate a maximum capacity of 180 people.
- Accompanying social activities include the hotel park and lake.
- 10 seminar/conference rooms, air-conditioned, all with lake views, modern infrastructure, to seat 5 – 120 people.
- Professional seminar service, with catering to suit individual clients accompanied by a creative programme of social activities.
2.6 LeisureIn the hotel: Wellness Corner with sauna, sanarium, steam bath and infrared cabinet as well as a range of fitness equipment.
Hotel’s own lakeside sunbathing lawn, party boat, tennis court, mountain bikes and kickboards.
2.7 Parking spacesHotel’s own metered parking facilities for 120 vehicles.
3 MARKET SUCCESSThe Seehotel Hermitage has a first-class market position as a seminar & vacation hotel as well as in the catering and event sector.
- Since 2002, among the 50 best five- and four-star business hotels in the ratings issued by Bilanz (Swiss business magazine)
- Mentioned in guide-bleu.ch
- Member of the Tafelgesellschaft zum Goldenen Fisch (gastronomy/culinary association for fish cuisine)
- HolidayCheck 2010/11: listed as one of the 10 most popular hotels worldwide in the “over-50 visitor” category
5 FIGURESNo operating figures are published in accordance with a resolution taken by the Board of Directors.
6 MEMBERSHIPShotelleriesuisse, Berne
SMTI (Sales, Marketing, Trade International), Vaduz
“Typische Schweizer Hotels” Switzerland Tourism
Lucerne Convention Bureau, Lucerne Tourism